Friday, June 10, 2011

Horrendous effects of anti-psychotic drugs upon the elderly - AstraZeneca - Seroquel

Antipsychotic drugs had 'horrendous' effects

 

More than 50 health and social care organisations are calling for fresh action to cut the prescription of 'chemical cosh' drugs.
Around 180,000 people with dementia are thought to be prescribed antipsychotic drugs in the UK, but 80% of those prescriptions may be inappropriate, it has been suggested.
Long term use of the drugs can make dementia symptoms worse, reduce the ability to talk and walk and increase the risk of stroke and even death.
Michelle Fraser's father Michael Rainford was put on antipsychotic drugs for two years after developing dementia, which she says had "horrendous" effects.
She told the BBC, "if he wasn't on antipsychotics we would have got to spend a lot more time with my dad and I feel like that time was taken away from me and my mum".

Antipsychotic Drugs Were 'Horrendous'

 

So how does AstraZeneca's Seroquel play into this ongoing abominable pharmaceutical industry assault upon the health & dignity of the elderly? You'll need to look no further than the AstraZeneca's Marketing Machine and one of their many paid shills Dr. Michael Reinstein.

The links below only begin to document and highlight the unconscionable acts of Reinstein and AstraZeneca. After a little reading I'm farily certain you will be as mind boggled and left scratching your head in absolute bewilderment as I was.


link: Source



1 comment:

  1. There is no justice here why do we get no help from the people who accepted this drug makers dud, disabled before this medication that stopped my heart crippling me more than before, Seroquel for insomnia was my mistake and Yes, there is too much trouble to collect the settlement money for disabled people on Gov. S.S.D.I. The effects made my life hell and this lawsuit came right out of there.. EM

    ReplyDelete

Please be civil, agree to disagree, and express your opinion. Comments will be moderated for content to avoid inflammatory language and spam